Sunday 9 December 2012

CAMP UPDATEE!

I guess it's about time I fill you in with what I did on Marine Bio camp.

Day 1:

  • Rock pool walking? I don't really know what to call it. We went and looked and explored rock pools
  • Put up our tents and settled in 
  • Made and had dinner (yes I cooked...)
Overall a pretty boring day. It was mainly because of the terrible weather. We had to switch our plans around because of it. The swell was 7m that day so obviously they wouldn't send us out snorkelling. It would be a death sentence.


Day 2:

  • Snorkelling
  • Went to this Marine place with animals and stuff...LOL I actually have no idea what the place is called. We looked at macro and micro organisms and then fed the fish.
  • Went looking at more rock pools
  • Had fish and chips on the beach for dinner
  • Made a turtle sand castle, played beach cricket and ultimate frisbee
I have to say, the second day was probably the best! The weather wasn't bad and we had a lot of things to do.

Day 3 (Last Day):

  • Went on a boat trip 5km out of shore to see animals such as the Australian Fur Seal and the Wandering Sea Anemone
  • Climbed a lighthouse and looked at the view
  • Packed our things 
  • Left camp and got stuck in traffic for 3 hours *drainer*
The last day of camp was a let down... I thought we'd end it with a bang but I guess not. But something the lifted my mood was this:
*the photo will come soon cause I took it on my friend's camera*

No comments:

Post a Comment