Thursday 28 February 2013

Arty smarty

These are the two completed pieces I've done this month. I love working with charcoal! It's really forgiving and I can really hide my mistakes...
For this piece, we had to pick a black and white photo with a lot of different shades and draw it in A3 size upside down. The original photo that I had chosen was this way up but I forgot and drew it this way up the whole time so technically I was drawing it the right way up? I'm still confuzzled. But I really liked the result of this. I was really proud of it because I'm not that good but I have learnt a lot during this coarse so far and I can't wait for the rest!
This was the first piece I did this year and it was really difficult. We had a draw a squiggly line from one end of our page to the other and then weave another line around our first line. Then we had to add in light and choose a direction in which it's coming from. This was a challenge but I was really happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment